Downtown Santa Cruz offers a tour of Slatter projects. Word of mouth is important and nothing could say more about our reputation for quality work than the fact that local businesses recommend us to one another.
These are some highlights of our work downtown:
- Henry Willey building, new construction, 1995
- Marini’s Candies, tenant improvement, 1996
- The Flatiron building, new construction, 1997
- Dell Williams Jewelers, tenant improvement, 2004
- Erik’s Deli, new construction, 2006
- Social Security building, new construction, 1997
- New Leaf Market, tenant improvement, 2008
- Bloom Total Body Care, tenant improvement, 2008
- E.C. Rittenhouse building, new construction, 2010
“Slatter recently remodeled our downtown store and we were able to stay open during construction. They have a lot of experience with this type of job and did a good job working around the constant flow of customers.
This was a complicated remodel, and the crew had to deal with lots of opinions from all sides. They handled the input very professionally and were polite and informative about the work being done. Slatter helped us to make good decisions.
The quality of their workmanship is obvious and we’ve had a continuous flow of compliments on the new store. I would definitely recommend Slatter Construction.”
Manager, Dell Williams Jewelers
“Slatter Construction stands out because they’re honest, dependable and complete projects on time. Slatter comes up with creative solutions, and they do an excellent job working under complex circumstances. They built the Flatiron Building with no staging area on a site bounded by sidewalks and traffic on three sides, and they built the project at Church and Pacific Streets, which posed similar challenges. I hired them to put up the Henry Willey Building, the Social Security Building and my apartment, garage and barn, so clearly, I believe in the quality of their workmanship.”
President, Rittenhouse Building & Investment